Ms. Stephanie Howard, Director of Counseling
- PSAT – All Sophomores & Juniors will take on campus in the Fall
- FAFSA – Seniors and Parents: Submit October 1.
- College Info Sessions – College Reps will visit CCHS during student lunch- however, all students are encouraged to visit colleges beginning their Freshman year.
- Course Catalog
- SAT/ACT – All students are encouraged to take SAT/ACT at least twice before their Senior year.
- NCAA Clearinghouse for College-Bound Athletes – Students interested should register during their Junior year.
- ASVAB – If you are interested in the Armed Services you should register to take the ASVAB during Junior year.
- SCOIR – College search tool (Freshman-Seniors)
- CommonApp – Seniors will submit a CommonApp by the application deadline to their prospective schools.
- Scholarships – There are many local, school, and state scholarships/grants offered- students should begin applying for scholarships during their Senior year.
come from a variety of sources, including the college you plan to attend. Be sure to fill out the scholarship application (if required) when you complete your application for admission. Scholarships are awarded based on merit and/or need. Money is typically distributed quickly, so waiting to apply for scholarships is not a good idea. This site offers resources for financial literacy.
Here are a few websites to look for scholarship opportunities:
College Board’s Scholarship Search
- SAT/ACT – All students should take at least twice before Senior year.
- PSAT – 10th & 11th on campus in Fall.
- FAFSA – Submit October 1. Please use the FAFSA tab for more information. CCHS Financial Aid Parent Night in the Fall.
- Dual Credit/ACC – Please see the Dual Credit Tab for deadlines and information.
- Scholarships – Juniors and Seniors, please use the Scholarship tab for local and non-local scholarship opportunities.
- NCAA Clearinghouse for College-Bound Athletes (register JR year)
- College Essay Help – Seniors will work on their college essays with their ENG 4 teacher.
- CCHS College Tours – During the second semester – we encourage college visits throughout all grades with parents/guardians (students are given 3 excused absences each year with a note).
- College Info Sessions – College Reps will visit CCHS during student lunch- however, all students are encouraged to visit college throughout their 4 years here at CCHS.
- Course Catalog (linked)
- SCOIR/ NAVIANCE – (we are currently using Naviance but will be transitioning to SCOIR for college search Jan 23′)
- CommonApp – Seniors will use this for applying to colleges