ABOUT COASTAL CHRISTIAN HIGH SCHOOL
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.” -Ephesians 6:10-13
CCHS began as a vision of some families in the Wilmington area who had invested in Christian education on the elementary and middle school level but were limited in high school options. Coastal Christian High School was conceived after much prayer and sound counsel. A board was formed, and CCHS was incorporated in 2005. This initial board began investigating other Christian and private schools in order to prepare for the creation of a Christian, college-preparatory high school. The first task was to seek out an administrator to help organize this new faith venture. In early 2006, Kirk Nielsen accepted the position of CCHS’s first administrator. After much preparation, prayer, and miraculous provision, Coastal Christian High School opened its doors at Temple Baptist Christian Activity Center (located at 709 George Anderson Drive near the Louise Cameron Art Museum) in the fall of 2006 with 42 students (grades 9-11) and 9 teaching staff members. In November of 2012, Coastal Christian High School finished construction on Phase 1 of our permanent home. CCHS is now located at 1150 The King’s Highway behind the Monkey Junction Post Office. Since that first day, CCHS has grown to 300 students (grades 9-12), 30 teachers and staff, and is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI).
OUR STATEMENT OF FAITH**
- The Bible is the inspired, authoritative Word of God, and every word is true. (II Timothy 3:16)
- There is one God, Creator of all things, evident in the Trinity (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) who is omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent (Deuteronomy 6:4; Genesis 1: 1; I John 5:7).
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ is affirmed through His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, atoning death through His shed blood, bodily resurrection, ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal and imminent return in power and glory (John 10:30; Matthew 1:18; Hebrews 4:15; John 10:32; Romans 3:25; Matthew 28:6; Romans 834; Luke 21:27).
- We believe the Holy Spirit empowers believers to live a godly life (Galatians 5:16).
- We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith alone. (Ephesians 2:8).
**The statement of faith is agreed upon and supported by every board member, teacher, non-teaching personnel, parent, and student. CCHS also adheres to the ACSI Statement of Faith.
Our School Scripture Theme: Ephesians 6:10-13
Our School Hymn: Hard Fighting Soldier Traditional
Our School Colors: Red, Black, Silver, and White
Our School Mascot: The Centurion